Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 4 update

Well the computer I am on doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me, but at least I have access. I know that everyone is asking how Ava Grace is doing, so I was going to try to take a minute or two and tell everyone what I can. First of all, she is here!!!! Praise the Lord. He is good. He is allowing us time to spend with our angel and watch her little expressions. She has quite a few to say the least. I have learned that she is not a fan of momma's singing. Amazing what these little ones have to endure while we are carrying them. :)We are on day 4 now and she is in her little warmer, snug as a bug. She has been taken off of her CPAP mask and has been downgraded to oxygen. YAY!!!!!  She is holding her own. She has had a ECHO of her heart and a ultrasound of her head. Until they know the results of the test, they do not know if surgery is a possibility. We are in no hurry to have to make the decision of surgery or not. Surgery poses so many additional complications that honestly I am not ready to deal with. I know that right now she is happy and pain free exactly as she is. Ava has some PHENOMENAL nurses. They keep me in the loop when I am unable to be there with her. We are so blessed to have such great medical staff looking over her while we are away. I was discharged today so it is even harder to keep it together. Even though I am across the street, it is so hard thinking I am so far away from her.

She is a fighter! She had a couple of times today that her oxygen sats got really low (while we were standing there). I can't tell you how scary that was. She became real still and her color turned grey. Wow!!! She rebounded once her O2 was increased and she was stimulated. Then she started crying. To hear her cry was amazing. She does not cry like a "normal newborn". Her cry sounds like a newborn kitten. It is so precious. She turns 5 shades of red and opens her little mouth only to hear a little squeek of a cry. I love it. Sometimes I just want to pinch her to hear her cry (not really), but I love to see her in active mode. I never knew a little angel of 3 lbs could turn my world upside down like she has. When I got to hold her for the first and only time so far, I fell head over heels. I could not stop crying the entire 10 minutes of complete bliss. She did so great. Her O2 was perfect and at the lowest setting possible. She layed there listening to my heartbeat and I just glowed. I wanted the whole world to see how perfect she is through my eyes. Each moment without her in my arms is torture. I am trying to hurry now, so that I can go see her.

I pray that every family that has ever gone through anything even remotely like this is granted with peace and understanding. I pray that there is no hatred or resentment. I pray to the Lord each day that my known friends that are struggling are given hope and encouragement, as each one of you have done for me. I can not tell you how much all of your prayers mean to me and my family. We are truly amazed at how complete strangers have banded together for our perfect princess. She is continuing to fight and I know that the Lord hears our prayers loud and clear. Please keep them going up and we are keeping afloat. The Lord may bend me, but he will not break me. Through Him all things are possible. I will post some  pictures below of random times. I love you all and will update again as soon as I can.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, thank you for creating this blog to keep us updated. I really haven't wanted to bother you by calling or texting, but love hearing how things are going. She is really so beautiful. Mark and I are sending our love. I wondered if Ava Grace is wearing the little cap I gave her (pic with red flower). If she isn't, don't tell me. I want to think that what I gave her is covering her sweet head. I am so glad you got to hold her, and know you gave her a million kisses. Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete