Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Post op #2

So my baby girl pulled off BRAIN surgery!! Hallelujah and Amen, thank you Lord for showing out again! Now here comes the other half. She is still on the ventilator and her little head is still swollen. They say it will take a little bit to start seeing results. Right now we are praying she comes off the ventilator and has no post op complications. As we speak, she is mad because she is tied down, since she keeps trying to pull her ET tube out. Mommy's little fighter. She went through surgery without a hitch, per her surgeon. He also said that she is such a little diva! Haha, my baby, a diva!? Too funny. He added that she needed a boa, tiara and a wand. He truly cracks me up. I think he was trying to comfort a couple of stressed parents who had been through hell this morning over what kind of anesthesiologist was best for this surgery. Did I mention that all that confusion took place about 30 minutes before surgery? Yes I'm pretty sure I had a mental breakdown at some point. None the less, she is doing good now from a neurological point of view. Our next steps will include weaning her off of the vent, and all the following respiratory apparatuses to allow her to function back on room air. This will be a major feat since she is not trying to breath over the ventilator too much right now. I know she can donor though. She is stubborn like her mom and dad. She is also strong spirited. I love it!!!

I have to admit that I have met some great people here. It seems that everyone has a story behind their presence here. It is really heartwarming to see so many people here with such a love for these children and for their love for God. I've had people, nurses and parents, pray over Ava Grace. That is the most wholesome feeling to have. I even met a lady in the Restaraunt that noticed my hospital bracelet on (to match me and Ava) and proceeded to ask questions about Ava and ended the conversation with how she is going to pray for us. Awe!!!!!! The Lord is making His presence known at my every turn. He is Ava's ultimate physician and he is protecting her and teaching me all at the same time. In the time that Ava's diagnosis was given to now, I have made friends with people that normally I probably would have passed up. Not because I was scared or thought I was better or worse than them, but just because we didn't have the same things in common (or so i thought). I came to find out we are more similar than I thought. Plus, people that are in critical circumstances such as ours relate on a level that others just can not even pretend to imagine. Everyone's battle is their own mountain and only they have to climb it. When you have someone who is climbing the same mountain or has already climbed it may be able to help you along the way or you may help them. In saying that, I can't help but thank the ones who have climbed along side of me and my family.

As I say here in NICU, typing this update, Ava decided she no longer wanted her breathing tube and fought it until the nurse took it out. So now my baby girl is on ROOM AIR!!!! Woo hoo!!!! Go Ava, go Ava!! Her blood pressure and pulse is a little elevated, but doing good over all. Lord has had mercy on my baby girl and her family again!!! Praise Him. I will update more as I can, later.

Before I go, please say a strong and silent prayer for one of my fellow mountain climbers, as mom, dad and baby are fighting a traumatic time. The baby's condition almost took th to heaven today, but the Lord is letting their family borrow them a little longer. It is a uphill mountain and they are staying strong in their faith, so please share some of yours with them. As we all know you can only climb so long before you end up crawling in exhaustion. Love and big hugs to their family. Since they have not announced their status yet, I will not announce their name and would appreciate if you didn't either. Thank you so so much for your strong prayers and faith. Everyone of you have been a true eye opener and faith renewing prophets! I am attaching a few pics for your guided experience in "our world".

2 comments:

  1. Prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a beautiful baby girl and a strong fighter. I pray daily for peace and no pain. I love reading your blogs. Thank you for sharing your experience and her life. Keep up the strenght. You're a wonderful mom with a great outlook and sense of humored. True inspiration!

    ReplyDelete